e enjte, 1 shkurt 2007

I heart Paolo & Joshua (and maybe even Schuyler!)

Ahhh...live music is back in my life!

After my three gig fest before leaving Sydney in November (James Morrison, Toni Collette & the Finish and Kylie Minogue), live music made a welcome return to my life.

Last Thursday, Will & I went to Double Door and saw one of the most exciting singer/songwriters around today, and a massive fav of mine, Paolo Nutini. I have been a huge 'Paolo Nut' since I found about him early 2006. Between him and James Morrison, I did a massive 'your gonna love these guys' campaign amongst all my mates burning music left,right and centre. Let me say...his showmanship, and execution of his songs was delicious! An aural treat! I was not let down in the least.

Last night was Joshua Radin's turn, who Will introduced me to late last year. Another superb talent, and in such an intimate venue like Schubas...sublime! He was supported by Schuyler Fisk (daughter of Sissy Spacek and who stared in 'Orange County' with Jack Black) and she totally blew me away. She has one of those deep warm smokey voices, which complemented Joshua's nicely! Just lovely!!

I wish I could spend more winter Chicago nights doing this!
However next week will be fun when we join Dop, Kevin & Jessica for 'Top Design'!

Song of the day:
Acquiesce - Oasis (Sony/BMG)

(A MASSIVE mini hello to Princess..I know I haven't had much contact lately...I am thinking about you, however! Will be in touch 'toot sweet'...promise!)