e premte, 13 prill 2007

Friday, Friday Friday...and the sun is shining!

The sun is back! Yipppppppieeeeeee, is all I can say!!! I know it could possibly be short lived, given the weekend forecast is a little mixed, but today, I don't care! Its amazing how much it can lift a persons mood! I am actually smiling AND being nice to CSO patrons!!! (Ok, I am always nice, but I am feeling relaxed at work today!)

So, the only news which is REALLY exciting me at the moment is that tomorrow morning, Saturday 14 April, Chicago finds out whether it is the winner of the US bid for the 2016 Olympic Games. I am totally up for this city winning over the skank hole that is Los Asshole-es. I mean , seriously, LA is such a pit, I have NO idea why the IOC would want to give it to them for a third time, when in the summer time, Chicago is so pretty, has architecture to die for, has culture and events galore and of course, The Lake! It truly shines!

I had the chance of a lifetime to work on the Entertainment Program on the Sydney 2000 Olympic & Paralympic Games, and it was the time of my life!!!! Sydney shone and blew me away. I think everyone in Sydney would agree. All the bullshit about letting terrorists in, transport not coping, the city would be a mess...blah blah blah...scare tactics by haters. They ate their words! I have no doubt that Chicago would excel also! And if we get the Games I want the opportunity to work on my second!

BEST OF LUCK CHICAGO!!!! My fingers, toes, hair and eyes are crossed for you!!