e mërkurë, 11 korrik 2007

"All I know is that I should..."

I scored freebies for Will and I to go and see the new Harry Potter in 3D at the Imax on Navy Pier last night. Two words...most enjoyable!!!

However it was this morning that brought some welcome and much needed relief from seven months of job hunting (100's...literally!), filler jobs that payed my way, and one terrible false start.

I got a new proper full time salaried job with Columbia College. (FINALLY!!!) It's a newly created position, dead suited to my qualifications, great pay (been so long!) and the full benefits package that people in the States value so much. And breathe...

I am excited. This time next week will be my start day, and no more speaking to the general public, but I will be missing my current position at the Ad Agency. But this is going to kick arse!! I wish to note my mood has elevated from excited to ecstatic! Phew...hurdle number one out of the way...

So for a midweek song, I want to share what will be the most talented and lovely Missy Higgins's new single set for a July Oz release. 'Where I Stood'. The sincerity in her songwriting and delivery just captured me the first listen. Its a song that I feel. And those who know Sydney, you will easily recognize St James Station and the underground maze of tunnels that lead to the start of Macquarie St.

Happy Hump Day All!