e enjte, 25 janar 2007

Australia Day Week - Day Four


An Aussie once in a lifetime moment for me.

Working on the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games where I assisted in the running of the Entertainment Program for the LIVE sites. Amazing opportunity, amazing time. Sydney shone and was picture perfect. Working the most insane hours of my life, and lovingly cherishing every second. All my friends who escaped for Canada, and the UK mainly, I was soooo close behind you! Of course then the timing with work at The Opera House conflicted, so I ended up having to stay in Sydney. Which is when I got a phone call from one of my oldest friends, Debor asking me to come be her and another mates Assistant on the Games! How could I turn it down, even if it meant leaving work at the SOH right there and then, that day, for three months. I did it, got shat upon when returned to SOH, but never worked so hard yet felt so alive, so connected with so many strangers, so proud to be an Aussie-Pommie-Yanky-Hybrid!


Secretly, this is why I am hoping Chicago gets the 2016 Games! Who knows...may have to return from wherever else I may be in the world at that time and gets me some work on it!!

Song Of The Day - Ten Ft Tall - Pete Murray

NB To Previous post, I missed the whole Boom, Crash, Opera thing..was living in UK, Noiseworks weren't bad, and silly silly me omitting Pete Murray, and of course my fav Ben Lee, and Bernard Fanning...and Powderfinger...Little Birdy..Augie March..the list can go on an on...