e martë, 2 janar 2007

Take a look inside my heart


I had a relatively low key Christmas and New Year. Had a great time with Wills family, however missed mine, and come three days before New Year and the flu decided then was a good a time as ever to strike me down. So here I am on the 2nd of January sitting in the Mercury Cafe on Chicago Ave (It may have one of the funkiest stenches around, which today has been covered by a calming fragrance of Nang Champa, but it is one of the places in Chicago that actually serves a great cup of coffee...the other being the Alliance Bakery on Division.) writing my 1st entry for 2007.

2007 is a time when I feel that my life and dreams, for once, will come to fruition. This is a chance for me to start afresh in my life, and eventually with the impending job, a new social network. I must say it is bizarre to be in a city where I literally can't walk straight into a job...I have to work at it! Sheesh...

I have spent alot of emotional energy, money and time to get to where I am today, with my special someone, and I know the lonliness will pass. As I ponder my life as it stands (I have been doing alot of that lately) I keep coming back to the literal fact that I came all this way to 'The Lonely City' to be with the one I love. However as we start our lives together I now know that I have to forge my own life and my own being as well. This is my challenge for 2007. You know the old saying, we are born alone, we make friends and lovers along the road of life, have a blast in the meantime, then die alone. The cycle of life. A new cycle is begining again for me. And it is one that doesn't have a 90 day expiry period!

As I type this I am missing my friends awfully, MJC, Princess, Boo, TP, Ant, Nicole-My-Dolly Ceire, Bobby, Jase, Krista, Greg, Pablo, George, such special people as Anne B, Mellita, Susanna...the list could go on and on. What kind of person would I be without you all!! I shudder to think. And this post is dedicated to my two shinning beacons...Chloe and Emma! I love you!

So here is a pic from NYE with Fred & Laura who joined us for Cranium and Champagne to toast in 2007, whilst I toasted with Nyquil! (flu remedy)

Where do I go know? Whats gonna happen?? I don't know, but the journey will be quite interesting I am sure! Hey, after all, it is Richard we are talking about here, as if its not going to be filled with some sort of calamity! Stay tuned....

My love and best wishes for your family and friends for the upcoming year! As Princess recently said to me...'thanks for making me see that change can be for the best!'

Peace to you all.