e enjte, 11 janar 2007

"This is the Sound of .....8 things I fondly remember from Australia, 2006!"

I am homesick. Its official. Not in a sad, longing, aching homesick, but a nostalgic, wish I could be there, bit of homesickness. This is probably beacuse my lil 3 year old neice is going in for a wee operation to have gromits put in here ears, to assist with the drainage of wax, and help her hearing.

So my homesickness has extended to me remembering a few things things that happened last year during my months in Australia, that always make me smile;

1. Chloe's lover not a fighter attitude, complete with a 'don't hurt him!!' mumbled with teary eyes at the hitting of her pinata at her 3rd Birthday party. She then went to the next step of taking the smashed pinata home to take care of it.

2. Mikey. MJC, The Clap! What can I say, I have had some of my greatest times in Sydney with you! Your my beacon of gayness, complete with a fantasticly prudish 12 yr old son!! I love you both terribly!! The very drunk night at Barries 'Battle Of The Bulge' win, sitting in the Century Tavern with you shooting the shit sitting next to Eskimo Joe, and you having to be so calm and collected with your love of Kav! Working with you..priceless! Your watching out for me whilst I was terribly intoxicated at The Vanguard whilst watching James Morrison, and ensuring I didn't chat up that young pretty lady anymore due to my homosexuality! Then you proceeding to chat up her friend, with discussions on the love of Kath & Kim! Like how gay are you!!! Then repeating said night at Toni Collette's performance @ Newtown. Multiple nights at dinner, and drinkies, where you could entertain me for hours. I am thin, god damn it!! I miss you.

3. A 5am wake up call by Bobby-Smelly-Deriere as the terrace house next to ours was attacked by the Newtown Sunday morning Arsonist! "I just thought someone had turned on the heating...it was warm up there. However the wood smell made me think again!!" And us all standing outside on a Sydney winters morning in robes and pj's. Great way to get to know the neighbours, huh!

4. Chez Nic & Mark in Manly. Your private beach oasis is sublime! To be able to watch the waves roll in whilst consuming pizza, and listening to the waves as I drifted off to sleep. Total relaxation therapy. Better than ANY hotel! Your friendship my sweet Nicole = my refuge from the nastiness of Sydney. An escape for me. Our bitch sessions were the best!! Even though we weren't even bitching, "just stating the obvious!" : )

5. Susanna, shopping for your new car with you, then having the dilema of if I really wanted to spend one of my last nights in Sydney attending the Australian Idol finals. Instead making the wise choice not to, and heading back to Angel Street, where a bottle of tequila and vodka chasers were consumed by Sarah and I. What a way to kick out the blues!! And score a killer hang over!

6. Boo, our intense bonding moment after the both of us already feeling emotionally crippled went and saw 'The Departed', instead of 'Little Miss Sunshine'! The claustrophobic feeling that we both walked out with, and sheer panic that consumed the pair of us, over our respective issues is almost laughable now!! Thank good for 'mothers lil helpers'!

7. Dealing with issues inside myself regarding the demise of one of my oldest friendships. Realising the things that she was saying about me after our working stint together were her own insecurities, and not mine! I wish her the best, and I will NEVER work for a mate like her again! The gowing apart from a couple of my oldest friends, lives change, people change, and older friends you had previously grown apart from, come back into your life as strong as ever!

8. B,W,V. They were good friends to me at home, made my life liveable! Considering my 'nomadic' life over the past two years, these three were consumed in abundance and life was made far far more enjoyable!! I think for all parties involved!! A Happy Richard is a very very funny Richard! And that makes life a hell of alot easier to deal with.

In honour of this my playlist today features such tracks by Cut Copy, Infusion, Dannii Minogue (later dance period, up to her dance-tastic remake of 'He's The Greatest Dancer'!) Paul Mac, Kylie, The Dissociatives, Silverchair, Sneaky Sound System, The Hampdens, Eskimo Joe and even Cosima (OMG I HEAR YOU ALL SHRIEK!!!! HOW COULD HE!!!But it was my dream too, and we did it, we made Number 1, and she does have a simply sensational voice! No other comments can be published.)

..and I leave you all with the backsides of some lads catching the Ferry back from Manly to the City!