e martë, 16 janar 2007

The Promise Of A New Day!

Yesterday was my first day's orientation at my new job, and I am excited! I can just tell already that this team of people I am working with will be a true inspiration to me and the soul enriching work will outweigh the pay that a non profit organisation offers. I am truly luck and grateful.
This afternoon I am shadowing the company Social Worker and tomorrow, this young lad will be running solo as Individual and Apartment Skills Tutor for 3 gentlemen, as well as coordinating and facilitating weekly meetings to problem solve and entertain the house hold at 2021 Harrison Street, Evanston.

This is the most I have been excited about a job many many years. I see this as a lifestyle change, more than a job!

Now all I need to do is find something else to make up another 20 odd hours and I am golden!! Just like this sunrise over Manly Beach, Australia!

NB: The title of today's post is a 'wee' ode to dear Paula Abdul, who was apparently back on our screens last night with the return of American Idol...however I am already getting addicted to Beauty and The Geek, so I just don't have enough room in the 'junk pile' of my brain for two reality shows.

To see Paula Abdul at 'her best'...click on this link!

This was just for promo, and the season had not even started yet. Bless the lil train wreak!