e hënë, 11 qershor 2007

Half a year going, going...gone!

Well its June and half the year is over. After a false start and a couple of 'wee' hiccup's in a very crappy May, I have made my return to the Chicago Symphony. The Arts is back in my life again, and let me tell you, I am most relieved. Its feels just like the comfort of your fav T-shirt, its what you know, and I am back amongst it. I got a great response walking into the office this morning on my first day back, and it feels good.

A quick weekend recap, Friday night, I took Will to see 'Once', the modern day musical, and I loved it! Despite the motion sickness caused by the camera work, the simple story and of love lost/found and the exquisite songs by The Frames made this such a simple yet effective film. It was refreshing to see the emotions created by simple song mesh with film so harmoniously.

Saturday was spent running errands and having a wander around the Printers Row Book Festival, eating Taco Bell with Fred & Laura & then heading to Pontiac Cafe up in Wicker Park for a couple of Saturday afternoon beers in the sun. Thats when things started to get a little bit messy, in the best way! We headed to the Northside for a couple of Long Island Iced Tea's, some vodka cocktails and a shit load of laughing, and then Miss Laura and I headed off to Harmony Grill & Schuba's for some Chilli Mac (a layer of meat chilli covered in macaroni & cheese and lighltly baked in the oven. YUMMMMM!) whilst Will & Fred went to Will's brothers apartment for a bbq, where we would end up joining them later on in the night. Ahhh...good times! I feel like I am hanging out with my sister again when I am with Laura (considering they are he same height and same gaaaawjus looks! We are siblings from a different mother!) And she can go drink for drink with me, so for that, Laura I salute you!

Good times are ahead, as the Taste Of Randolph Festival is this coming weekend, where more eating and drinking will take place as we watch Fountains Of Wayne perform! Then its off to Indiana and the cottage for some peaceful R & R and a bit of swimming in the lake. Roll on June and summer.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Will! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

So, to kick start the week, I give you a STOMPING summertime track from The Shapeshifters (remember 'Lola's Theme' & 'Back To Basics'), and their new single released 2nd July, 'Pusher'