e hënë, 18 qershor 2007

My love of Purell! (5 things you may not have known about Lil Aussie)

Today, I want to share a few things about One Lil Aussie that some people may not know. Others know them all. Its a bit of a cathartic post.
I am a rather simple man (in more ways than one!), not very high maintenance and do not need very much these days for a happy existence. However the following things 5 things make me one very happy Lil Aussie.

1. Purell Hand Sanitizer - As most of the people close to me know, I am a bit of a germ-a-phobe. I don't touch metal poles on trains or buses, carry my own pen around everywhere, despise public bathrooms. I have been like this all my life, and it was even was the subject at a dinner party I attended with my old mate in Sydney and her parents around 8 years ago (they thought I was mad! Wait till the outbreak of flesh eating virus, and then we will see who is crazy, mmmkay???) I purchased two 354ml/12Oz bottles for $4 at said Kroger...Managers Special! Now my desk at work is complete.

2. Music. What can I say. EVERYONE who knows me (or reads this blog can figure out) that I am a true music junkie. I don't function without music, and need it on a daily basis. I am not much of a music snob, if anyone can take the time to make a record/ep, I am pretty sure I will give it a listen. (that said, I DO draw the line at Paris Hilton!) Nuff said!

3. My nieces - I have two of the most gorgeous wonderful little bunnies in the whole world. Nothing surpasses them in my book and they are two beings I would gladly give my life for. As I am a big kid myself, nothing makes me feel more humble, more at ease, more relaxed about my life than holding and laughing with a child. Every other trouble/worry/materialistic thing pales in comparison when you have the responsibility of taking care of a child. Most of the happiest memories I have over the past four years have had Chloe in them. With the addition two years ago of Emma, I am one very stoked Uncle.

4. Friends - When I turned 30, I took time to re-evaluate my life, and the company I keep. Everyone needs to do this every so often to ensure you keep moving forward in your life, and not take too many steps back. Besides life is far too short to be wasting time on people who are not real, or that you really have nothing in common with. So I have a great cluster of friends around the globe whom I cherish closely. So this little homage to those folks with whom I couldn't live without. AUS & UK - Mikey, Boo, Princess, TP, Cells, Dolly Drop Draws, Fi, Moz, Wifee, Bobby, Luke and to my USA clan that keep me grounded and sane on a daily basis, starting with my Wonder Twin LP, Niner, Browler, Jay-Jay, Krista and the DC Gang!

5. My sanity. I have been through quite a bit for a 31 year old, and I have lived my life to the fullest in more ways than one. I have travelled the globe a couple of times over, met some AMAZING people, educated in Australia and the UK, hung out with the seedy to the snobby, and indulged in far too much of everything. I am so happy to have come out the other side with my sanity (or scraps of it!) still intact. Things that meant so much to me once, do not matter anymore. I learnt to be thankful with what I have and not dwell or beat myself up for my life not heading in the direction that I always dreamt it would. As Doris Day once sang, 'Que Sera, Sera' (OMG...that is probably the gayest thing I have said in a while!) Everyday is an adventure, and everyday I am thankful in one way or another for still being here! One thing I can NEVER call my life is boring.

Last but not least, there are four people with whom I thank the stars for daily. Mum, Dad, Fiona and Will. Thanks for putting up with this 6"4 crazy man, and loving me for what I am!