e enjte, 29 mars 2007

The Change

Right. So here it is. After much deliberating the pro's and con's of my job with CIF, I resigned today.

The job as a Life Skills Tutor was a huge challenge, and one I could no longer do effectively. I have thought to myself what a failure I was for not being able to make it work, but truth be told, it is an extremely hard job to do emotionally and mentally. Most people know me as an extremely caring and compassionate person, for which it is harder for me to digest the fact that I couldn't make this job work. It was compounded by the after effects of having to get settled in a new country and in a new life. But hey ho, we all have little lessons along the way. Mine so far, that I am not meant to be helping people out in that way. There is a little 'tidy up' work I have to do with one of my students over the next two weeks or so before he moves into his own apartment, and goodbyes and explanations to my other ones, so its not quite over yet!

For now, its back to the wonderful world of ticketing at the Chicago Symphony. I also have a wonderful recruiter looking for full time positions for me.

And a final note which is soooo Richard. As I was getting ready for my work meeting this morning which I couldn't cancel, my recruiter called needing someone to fill in today at MTV! Bummer!

Songs of the day :
Single - EBTG
Grand Canyon - Tracey Thorn
No Man's Land - Beverley Knight