e martë, 6 mars 2007

Things (or brain farts!)

Random lists of useless information have been swirling around in my head this evening as I type and sort out domestic shit, like laundry. But as I get ready to close down the computer, finish watching the snow fall and head to bed I want to share them with ya'll, even if they are just brain farts.
This country has some great things going for it...
Will (duh!)
Entenemann's Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
The cottage up in Indiana. Summer weekends swimming in the Lake are sublime!
Family Guy
The beauty of the hills around Forestburg
Lollapalooza in Chicago's Grant Park, and The Taste Of Chicago Festival. (summers here, in general!)
Schuba's
Our apartment
Lake Michigan
Snow (even though I am over winter, I am a sucker and love snow! But as said yesterday, I need some more sunny days.)
Pilsbury Biscuits
Little towns on the highways made up of petrol stations, motels and take away food eateries! Amazing! In the middle of nowhere!
The price of the El (Chicago's train system for those of readers of mine who don't "comprende".)

Things I dislike enough to say hate:
Lack of universal health care. Sucks. Full stop.
Grey, sometimes wet days that carry on for a good stretch.
Drivers and their love affairs with their horns! Get the FAAAARRRK over it!!!! ('scuse me Mum!)

Things I DEFINITELY hate:
Dubya
Cheney
Rumsfeld

Things I miss:
Family and good friends
Cadbury chocolate
Vegimite (whenever, as much as you wanted to eat, not having to be rationed)
Sun. Oh, my god yes...
The beaches & surf
Sydney Harbour

Things I long for:
Full time employment
Summer
London again. I still miss England.
Visiting family et all for Christmas in Oz
Cancun, 2008! With Will's ever-so-funny best mates, Sara, Corey and Shannon!

And to end it, here is a pic of the apartment from the living room, looking into the dining room and kitchen. Still getting settled, but very comfortable.