e diel, 11 mars 2007

"Doctor, is my O.C.D the reason I horde paper napkins??"

There are a number of strange traits I have, my parents, good friends and boyf will identify with each of these...

- Won't touch metal poles on public transport. (DUH...how many people have you seen sneeze, cough, scratch their arse and then grab hold of the same pole that thousands of others have touched, with the same bacteria on their hands??? YUK!! Thank GOD for Purell!!)
- I HATE public bathrooms. (Unsanitary for oh so many reasons, a number of them stated above!!)
- I check the stove top AT LEAST four times before leaving the house. (and check the front door is locked at least twice!)
- I don't like using common-pens, like in banks or anywhere that requires me to sign a credit card charge. (I always carry my own.)

- I have an intesnse fear of snakes (severe!), falling and cracking my head open, I hate and am afraid of knives, I NEVER eat anything that is even one day out of date, or that has been in the fridge longer than two days. I have a fear of Salmonella poisoning.

Thank god I can put on a good facade! I would appear to the outsider a freaking wreak!
However, my latest obsession, or at least one that has been manifesting itself over the last year, is a strong urge and compulsion to collect a hand full of napkins wherever I go! Cleaning out my work bag on Saturday morning, I noticed a HUGE wad, and I mean HUGE, of all sorts of napkins. Seattle's Best, Peets Coffee, Starbucks, generic brown and white ones...even a McDonalds one. What the hell is my problem?? Is it I am afraid of being caught with a dripping, snotty nose, that I am now obsessed by collecting napkins???

Hmmm....maybe I need more therapy.

Quote of the Day:
"Tuesday, kill Lois, Wednesday, try on all her shoes!" - Stewie Griffin, 2005

Songs Of The Day:
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Amsterdam - Peter Bjorn & John (The album 'Writer's Block' IS A MUST HAVE of 2007..much like Mika and Amy Winehouse...and Cold War Kids...)